PM-833TV Ultra Precision Milling Machine
- Very High Quality Milling Machine, 100% Made in Taiwan
- Belt Drive, Variable Speeds, 50-3200 RPM
- Built For Those Users Who Are Looking For Higher Quality In A Dovetail Type Mill Configuration
- Very Large Y and Z Travels Compared With Other Models In This Class, over 11″ Of Y axis Travel
- One Shot Lube System Standard
- Very High Grade Castings Used Throughout Machine
- Industry Leading 5 YEAR WARRANTY
Click here for a comparison chart of the mills that we offer: PM Bench Mills Comparison
Be sure to scroll down and open the tabs lower in the page – “Description” shows full specs and details, “Manuals and Documents” has the manual and many other items of interest.
Power Requirement is 220V SINGLE PHASE
Any accessories ordered and shipped with machine ship at no additional shipping charge! (Including Optional Stand below, and all accessory items from anywhere on our site, just add to cart and it will automatically calculate at checkout)
Flat Rate Shipping, $249 anywhere in the 48 US States, Liftgate $49 If Needed
Please add accessories as desired, then press Add To Cart. ALL accessories listed below WILL work with this model. Please do not select any items that show out of stock, or you will get an error message and not be able to add to cart.
• Industrial users looking for a top quality, bench type milling machine, built for industrial
use, with a smaller size compared with a full sized mill, to save space
• High end gunsmiths looking for a smaller bench type milling machine, who wish to maintain the
quality and features of a Taiwan made machine, but also want to save on space
• Users who appreciate a high end, bench type milling machine with the space saving
characteristics this offers
• Any other users who can appreciate a top quality machine with full features and no shortcuts,
in a smaller space-saving size, at a very reasonable price for the level of quality that you are
Main High Quality Features:
• VFD Driven VARIABLE SPEED BELT DRIVE, 50-3200 RPM (This is the difference between this and the 833T Model which is a geared head machine, same machine otherwise)
• High Grade Castings
• Head Swivels 90 degrees Left and Right for angled milling / drilling operations
• Hand Scraped way Surfaces for better oil retention and fit, which leads to ultra smooth and very accurate movements
• One Shot Lubrication system is standard equipment, which also extends machine life, and reduces oiling times
• High precision Inch Pitch lead screws, for ease of use and greater accuracy (10 TPI Screws)
• High Precision Spindle with +/- .0002” or less runout for greater tool life and accuracy
• Precision Honed Quill Bore for tighter tolerance fit, which leads to improved accuracy when drilling and precision boring
• The Quill is Precision Ground, for higher accuracy
• Easy operation, simply turn a knob up and down while you are running to change speeds
• Tolerance Test check, each machine is checked for accuracy through a careful inspection process before shipment, the customer can always be sure they will receive a top quality machine that exceeds their expectations
• Longest in class 5 YEAR WARRANTY against defective parts, including electrical
Table Size: 8-1/4×33”
Table T Slot Size: 5/8″
X Axis Travel: 21-3/4” Max
Y Axis Travel: 11” Max
Z Axis Travel (Head): 17-1/2” Max
Max. Distance, Spindle to Table: 20-1/2” Max
Quill Travel, Diameter: 5”, 2.952″ (75mm)
Leadscrew Type: Precision Ground ACME Leadscrew W/ Backlash Adjustments on
X and Y Axis
Leadscrew Pitch: .100” (10 Threads Per Inch)
Dial Graduations: .001”
Spindle Taper: R8
Spindle Speed Range: 50-3200 Infinitely Variable (Belt Drive, one step, built in VFD Drive for variable speeds)
Speed Change Type: Knob (speed can be changed while running)
Spindle Bearing Type: High Precision Tapered Roller Bearings, Fully Adjustable
Spindle Bearing Class: C5
Main Motor HP: 2 HP
Overall Height, to reach Maximum top of Z Axis Travel: 88”
Height with head at normal working height: 75”
Height of Table Working Surface, mounted on optional stand 39-1/2″
Front to back, rear of machine to front of Y Axis Handle 34-5/8″
Chip Tray Size (At top of base) 30″ x 24-1/2″
Width X Axis Table Handles, Tip to Tip 41-3/4”
Machine Weight 750 LBS (Without Stand) 880 (With Stand) (833TV model is lighter than gear head 833T model due to having a belt drive which is lighter, all the gears, shafts, extra bearings, etc in the headstock are not needed with the belt drive, but same body of machine so same rigidity)
Main Motor Power: 2HP
Voltage / Phase: 220 Volt Single Phase Power (Standard 208V and 240V single phase is fine)
Country of Origin: Taiwan
Warranty: 5 Years
Cord Connection/Type: Cord approx. 5′ length, User to supply plug needed for your outlet (20A 240V With Ground, No Neutral Required)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question 1: What is the difference between the PM-833T, and the PM-833TV?
Answer 1: The PM-833T Machine is a Geared Head Mill, and has 6 different spindle speeds, in a range from 60 to 1500 RPM. The PM-833TV Machine is a Belt Drive Mill, and has an infinitely adjustable speed range from 50 to 3200 RPM.
Question 2: Is there any other difference in the machines, besides what is described above?
Answer 2: No, the body and all other components of the machine are exactly the same, the head is the only difference between the PM-833T and the PM-833TV. All accessories such as power feeds, stands, DRO, etc. are the same between both models.
Question 3: Which one is better for me, the PM-833T, or the PM-833TV?
Answer 3: It really depends what you are doing or think you will be doing. The PM-833T Geared Head will have more power at the lower speeds, so if you are doing a lot of larger, lower speed milling and drilling in Steel / Stainless Steel or similar materials, the PM-833T may be a better machine for you. (The 833T is still fine with cutting Aluminum and similar materials, no problem with that, you just have a lower spindle speed, so you may just have to go a little bit slower with feed rates, but it will still do the job just fine.)
The PM-833TV has more than double the top spindle speed of the PM-833T, and the PM-833TV is a belt drive, so it is quieter running at higher speeds. So the 833TV is a better choice if you are doing more higher speed aluminum cutting and want to get maximum feed rates, but it still has plenty of power at lower speeds for any type of general purpose work in steel, stainless steel, cast iron, etc., just not quite as much power as the 833T at lower speeds.
Either machine can do any materials that you can machine on a mill just fine, some things are just more suitable for one of the particular models.
Useful 3rd party accessories that work with this model:
(The links below are 3rd party links, please do not contact us with questions or support as we are not affiliated with them. Contact the vendors directly for fit, pricing, availability, technical questions, etc. These links are only for your reference, all vendors are responsible for their own products below)
CNC Conversion Kit Info and Links Below:
Heavy Metal CNC: Heavy Metal CNC
Flat Rate Shipping, $249 Anywhere in the 48 US States
Liftgate Available If Needed for $49. Please add this at checkout.
All Accessory Items ordered at same time will ship at no extra charge with machine.
Machine ships on a pallet that is 44″x34″x53″H, stand ships on a pallet that is 40″x48″.
Manuals & Documents
Click Here for PDF Manual Download: PM-833TV 4-13-21 V1
If your tooling will not fit in to the spindle, it is an easy set screw adjustment, please click here: R8 Spindle Set Screw Adjustment
Drawing of the mill base below, where it would sit on a bench top or on a stand: (Dimensions are approximate) Measured 833 Hole Pattern
Comparison Charts and other useful information: