PM-940V Milling Machine
PM-940V Main Features:
- Variable Speeds to 5000 RPM for better performance in softer materials such as aluminum or brass, High RPM desirable for CNC conversions
- Heavier Class Milling Machine, (1350 LBS With Base) For More Rigidity, And Greater Cutting Ability, yet ships in 2 pieces (Base separately) so it is easier to handle
- Larger Knee Mill-Style Table Handles, for Much Better Control By Hand
- Huge 12″ Y axis travel, matched with a 26″ X axis travel and generous 20″ Z travel allows room for those larger jobs. This machine has a larger work envelope than many full sized knee mills.
- Real Inch Pitch Leadscrews on X and Y Axis, 10 TPI Screws (.100″ Per Turn) For Easier Operation – Not a close metric conversion like with many others
- Available With Power Down Feed on Spindle (PDF Model Only) For Boring Operations
- Base is Heavy Duty Cast Iron, For Excellent Vibration Dampening
- Longest In Class, 3 Year Warranty
Click here for a comparison chart of the mills that we offer: PM Bench Mills Comparison
Be sure to scroll down and open the tabs lower in the page – “Description” shows full specs and details of each configuration, “Manuals and Documents” has the manual and many other items of interest.
Any accessories ordered and shipped with machine ship at no additional charge! (Including all accessory items from anywhere on our site, just add to cart and that will automatically calculate at checkout)
Shipping is a flate rate of $399 anywhere in the 48 US States
Liftgate Delivery $79 If Needed (Please Select At Checkout)
Choose Machine Option First, and then add accessories as desired. ALL accessories listed below WILL work with this model. Please do not select any items that show out of stock, or you will get an error message and not be able to add to cart.
Variable Spindle Speeds to 5000RPM!
Available Machine Options
* ALL Models below now come with knee mill style crank handles for
better feel and easier operation by hand, as shown in main
* Cast Iron Base is included as standard equipment with these models. It is recommended to use the machine with the cast iron base, as the base provides support and accuracy to the longer Y Axis. This model is not available without the base. You are free to use the machine without the base, but we recommend to use this model with the included base.
The following options are available in this model (Please choose from drop down button above, which will show pricing and stock)
#1 PM-940V-BASIC – Includes: Quill DRO, Cast Iron Base, Manual Down Feed on spindle – This model is for those who want a basic machine, and do not need the X and Z feed motors
#2 PM-940V-BASICw/HRDWYS – Same as #1, but with the hardened way option – Great for someone who will convert to CNC, who would remove the X and Z Feed Motors anyway, so it is sold without these. This version has the hardened ways, which greatly extended life, especially when converted to CNC
#3 PM-940V-PDF w/HRDWYS – With Power Down Feed on Spindle/Quill for Boring, also with Hardened Ways on X and Y Axis for better wear resistance – longer life in heavier use situations or over time. This model also includes an X Axis (Table) Power Feed.
#4 PM-940V-PDF w/HRDWYS&3axDRO – Same as #3 with the addition of 3 axis DRO Installed, So this model has all options, Power Down Feed on spindle, 3 axis DRO Installed, X Axis Power Feed, and Hardened Ways.
New for 2023, Optional DRO is now our PM LCD DRO as shown below:
Main Specifications of PM-940V:
Table Size: 9-1/2″x40″
Max. Recommended Table Load Capacity: 400 lbs (Centered)
Table T-Slot Size and Number: 14mm / 9/16″, 3 Slots
Table Travel, X Axis: 28″ Hand Only, 26″ w/ Power Feed
Table Surface Height from floor, 35″ (With base flat on floor)
Base Dimension at floor approx. 18-1/2″W x 27″D, with 5/8″ Bottom Holes for leveling pads/bolts
Normal Working Max Height: (top of column travel motor) 82″ (with base)
Height with head all the way up: (top of main motor) 85″(with base)
Stand (Base) height, to machine mounting surface: 24″
Cross Travel, Y Axis: 12″
Head Vertical Travel: 20″
Max. Distance Spindle to Table: 22″
Quill (Spindle) Travel: 5″
Lead Screw Type: Inch Pitch Acme Threads – 10TPI on X and Y Axis
Spindle Taper: R-8, with 7/16-20 drawbar thread (U.S. Standard)
Quill Diameter: approx. 3″
Head Swivel: Side To Side, 90 Degrees
Power Required: 220 Volt, Single Phase, 10 Amp Supply
Main Motor Horsepower: 2 H.P. (Motor runs on a VFD for the variable speed) – Current VFD Model used is a Delta VFD, Model # VFD015E21A
Spindle Speeds: Low 100-1640 RPM, High 350-5000 RPM, Infinitely Variable Within Each Range
Casting Type: Fine Grain Cast Iron
Approximate Weight: 1350lbs with Base
Country of Origin: China
Warranty: 3 Years
Cord Connection/Type: Cord approx. 5′ length, User to supply plug needed for your outlet (20A 240V With Ground, No Neutral Required)
Click here to watch a video of the hardening process, and see pictures below – Table and Ways are induction hardened to approx. 35-40 HRC, 2-3 mm depth (Only applies to the machines with hardened table/way option) Table/Way Hardening Video
Useful 3rd party accessories that work with this model:
(The links below are 3rd party links, please do not contact us with questions or support as we are not affiliated with them. Contact the vendors directly for fit, pricing, availability, technical questions, etc. These links are only for your reference, all vendors are responsible for their own products below)
CNC Conversion Kit Info and Links Below:
Arizona Video CNC Kits: https://www.arizonacnckits.com/pm-940-cnc-kit.html
Power Drawbar Kit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KaNF0IshBI
Machine ships in 2 crates. Main Crate is 40″W x 40″L x 55″H 1100 pounds on a 40″x48″ pallet. Base Ships in a separate crate, Base Shipping Dimensions 24″ W x 32″L x 28″ H, 350 pounds on a 40″x48″ pallet.
Liftgate Is Available at $79 If Needed (Please select option at checkout)
Click Here for PDF Manual Download: PM940V Manual, Parts Drawing 2021-2
Click Here for VFD Manual (This is the VFD used to run the main motor / spindle) PM-940V Delta VFD Manual
Click here for optional PM DRO Manual: PM DRO Manual 1-15-2018
Comparison Charts and other useful information:
Click here to watch a video of the hardening process (Only applies to the machines with hardened table/way option) Table/Way Hardening Video